To report your child's absence, please email the school at OMMSAbsence@hcpss.org by 8:30 a.m.
If a student has a fever, they must be fever free for 24 hours, without the use of fever reducing medication, before returning to school.
Returning from Absence Procedures
- On the day your child returns to school, an explanatory note should be submitted indicating the date(s) and reason for the absence.
- Students returning to school after an absence should report first to their lockers to get all necessary supplies for the day.
- Then report to homeroom and check in with your teacher.
- With your homeroom teacher's approval, report to Student Services and have your Student Planner stamped.
- Present your stamped planner to each teacher for those classes missed, and follow each teacher's procedures for obtaining missed work.